A display of jewellery at a kiosk at Miami beach, Florida in seafoam color. Sharing here for Jennifer’s One Word Photo Challenge.
This photograph is of a Granary at Fort Nisqually Living History Museum in Washington. It was completed at the end of year 1850.The function of this building was to store oats, wheat, potatoes and peas cultivated in the large gardens and fields surrounding Fort Nisqually.
Sharing here for Sunday Stills Photography.
Today I would like to thank each and every one of you reading this post for making my journey smoother at WordPress. I started blogging this year in September to share my world around and I am thrilled to meet you all who have gladly accepted me in this blogosphere. I am happy to connect with you. A virtual hug from me to you.
Wish you and your family a very Happy & Prosperous New Year!!
Also sharing a 2014 annual report for this blog prepared by the the WordPress.com stats helper monkeys. Many thanks to the team at WordPress.
Here’s an excerpt:
A San Francisco cable car holds 60 people. This blog was viewed about 2,800 times in 2014. If it were a cable car, it would take about 47 trips to carry that many people.
I am honored to be nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award and I would be happy to accept this nomination. In my view, our blogging community is all about inspiration and we get inspired by each other in several ways. I am glad to have fellow bloggers who think I deserve this recognition. What a wonderful way to say Good Bye to 2014 and Welcome 2015.
I was nominated recently by Lisa from Rebirth of Lisa for this award. I would like to express my gratitude to her for this nomination. Lisa has a beautiful blog with numerous poems and photographs from her journey in life. She is an aspiring writer and working on her first publication. I wish her all best wishes for this publication.
Another warm gratitude goes to Sweety from ‘Pen’lightenment of the Soul who also nominated me for this award. Sweety’s blog has been an inspiration ever since I came across it here. Every time I read her work I feel I am having a conversation with her. Her blog binds me to the world around her and it feels wonderful to be a part of it.
Here are the guidelines for this award:
- Thank and link the amazing person who nominated you.
- List the rules and display the award.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
Random Facts About Me:
- I am thankful to God for everything.
- I will always have fond memories of my grandparents.
- I find happiness in many small things daily.
- I love sleeping.
- I am up for sweets anytime.
- I have special place for chocolates and ice-creams.
- I believe in living life daily instead of living it on weekends.
Now the best part about receiving a nomination is discovering others in the blogger community. Accepting this award has given me the opportunity to thank everyone for their efforts in creating remarkable blogs. My nominees are:
- Priceless Joy: An impressive style of writing and associating with everyone around.
- Pursuit of Happiness: Young at heart and spirit with a lovely blend of creativity.
- Hopeful for Serendipity: Sharing inspiration with inspiring quotes and wonderful posts.
- Living with my Ancestors: Simple life presented delightfully with fantastic pictures.
- Through the lens of my life: A health enthusiast portraying admirable photographs.
- Sunset Dragon: Courageous and compassionate woman with wonderful energy.
- Jaspa’s Journal: Excellent stories and pictures about his adventures.
I could have listed many more, but they have already been nominated or they have a no award policy. So thank you everyone for inspiring me in countless ways. See you in 2015.
Before we step into the year 2015, it is time for me to acknowledge and appreciate the awards for which I have been nominated this year. This post has been due for sometime now and my apologies to Sweety from SweetyKannoth for the delay in the acknowledgement. Better late then never 🙂
Well! Thanks a ton Sweety for nominating me for the Premio Dardos award. I am honored with this consideration. As the name says Sweety has a real sweet blog here as www.sweetykannoth.wordpress.com. Her blog shares beautiful comprehension of our world; in her wonderful photographs and her beautiful poems. She has a simple yet persuasive style of writing which will keep you glued to her blog for a while. Her contributions to the photo challenges are amazing. I look forward to her posts for new inspiration. Thank you again Sweety and keep writing!
Now about this award and the rules:
Here are my nominations for this award:
- http://thechangingpalette.com/ Beautiful blog with colorful bouquets to greet us every Monday.
- http://rebirthoflisa.wordpress.com/ Interesting read on Lisa’s thoughts about life and our world.
- http://doubleyourpresence.com/ Useful tips on success and creating social presence
- http://suddenlysonder.wordpress.com/ Young writer Endrine with intersting posts and writeups.
- http://itsjpei.wordpress.com/ Adventures of JPei’s wonderful vacations and showcasing New York.
- http://byswav.com/ Phenomenal work of art, painting and photography
- https://akansha1104.wordpress.com/ Lovely collection of thoughts and poetry by Aakansha.
- https://graydaysandcoffee.wordpress.com/ Amazing pictures and wonderful insights to share.
- http://juliepowell2014.wordpress.com/ Astounding blend of art and photography.
- http://kritimythoughts.wordpress.com/ Creative writing and informative posts by Kriti.
- http://livinginafrica.net/Beautiful places and travel information about Africa by Amanda
- http://thegoldenfutureblog.wordpress.com/ Interesting articles on healthy living
- http://thestoryofmylifebyterismile.wordpress.com/ Simple yet compelling pictures by Teresa from her travel journeys.
- http://thejournalofabeautifulmind.wordpress.com/ Expression of thoughts and ideas by a young writer.
Thank you everyone. It has been a wonderful journey so far and look forward to a long journey together.
As a new member to this community, it is always exciting when a fellow blogger drops a sweet surprise off on your doorstep. And for me there were two this week.
So, one of my early blogger friend David Long nominated me for the Liebster Award. Thank you David as I am honored by your nomination. I am all Smiles, ear to ear, grin. 🙂 Check out David’s blog here for great tips on success in your profession. I am sure you will definitely find some new useful tips worth your effort.
And within few hours of the nomination another blogger friend, Sławomir or Swav; as he likes to call himself; nominated me for the same award. Thank you Swav for nominating me. It feels happy to know that you found my blog good enough to nominate for this award. Check out Swav’s blog here for the beautiful paintings he draws. Even if you are not an art fan you will definitely admire his art work.
Now there are few rules for the Liebster Award:
- Post the award on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog.
- Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers.
- Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions.
- Write 11 random facts about yourself.
In my case I have to answer double the number of questions. So here they go.
My answers to the questions by David Long:
1. How long have you been blogging?
Completed a month now. Yayy!
2. What do you intend to achieve through blogging?
Share the beauty of the world we live in with everyone.
3. Are you a happy man/woman? Care to share your reason?
On almost all days I experience happy moments. Yes, I am happy!
I believe that every problem has a solution and it will take some time to find that way. The thought of this keeps me motivated enough to feel happy in any scenario.
4. What is your goal in life now?
To be happy and make everyone happy around me.
5. What’s next for you in life after achieving this current goal?
I may not wish for anything more.
6. What is your favorite past time?
Watching movies and listening to songs.
7. Have you ever lived and experienced life in a culture that is different from yours? Can you share your experience with us if you have?
As my ‘About’ page describes we have moved to North America from India last year and this in itself is a huge cultural change.
We are enjoying this change as ‘Nothing is permanent but Change.’
8. Spring / Summer / Autumn / Winter – Which is your favorite?
Summer here as it gives me lots of opportunities to travel around and enjoy the beautiful sunlight
9. Coke or Pepsi? (Neither is also an option!)
Neither! I am not a fan of any soda/fizz drink.
10. Can you take a joke?
Yes I can and ready to shoot one too at all times.
11. Do you like David Long?
No doubts on that. This is the first person whom I found genuinely helping the fellow bloggers and I have also been assisted by his guidance.
Cheers to him.
My answers to the questions by Swav:
1. What is your favorite outdoor activity?
Hiking around on beautiful trails.
2. What is your best photo taken so far?
I find all my photographs beautiful. Cannot define any specific as the best.
3. What is your current best song?
Currently it is Rude from Magic. Love the lyrics and the music.
4. What is your favorite room in your house/apartment?
My living room which is always very lively and vibrant with energy.
5. What is your favorite holiday/special event to celebrate?
I like to celebrate my birthday and marriage anniversary in a special way.
6. Where would you like to go for the adventure of a lifetime?
Although there are many places which I would like to visit but a trip to Antarctica will definitely be defined as my adventure of lifetime.
7. What is your favorite season of the year?
Summer here as it gives me lots of opportunities to travel around and enjoy the sunlight.
8. What is your favorite type of music, that makes you moving/dancing?
A song with lovely beats can set my foot tapping.
9. What is your favorite activity that you remember from your early days/childhood?
Playing with all my cousins during the summer school break at my mom’s mother’s place.
10. If your inner talent would speak out or play a song, what kind of song would it be?
If any such talent would ever speak out it would be a beautiful song on love and happiness.
11. What is your favorite quote/motto, that gives you wings?
“Choose to be optimistic, it feels better.” ― Dalai Lama XIV
Presenting 11 Random Facts About Me:
- I believe in God.
- Number 23 is my favorite.
- I don’t drink tea or coffee. I have also never even tasted tea.
- I eat healthy so that I can go crazy when it’s dessert time.
- I can eat ice creams almost any time of the day; any day.
- I am an Optimistic person in life.
- I find happiness in many small things daily.
- I am thankful to God for everything.
- As a child I wished to have a magic wand or a magic fairy.
- I am not an early bird though I can stay awake till almost anytime at night.
- I believe that Today is the Best Day one can have.
Now you know me more. Let us move on and it is my turn to nominate 11 bloggers.
I nominate the following bloggers for The Liebster award:
1. Not Another Tall Blog: for providing beautiful writings on tall talents, tall fashion, rock interviews and more.
2. SoCal Walking Photography: for sharing beautiful photographs and information about Southern California.
3. Aspects of Life: for guiding on positive thinking in life.
4. Schema (Flows): for the creativity with abstract art and architecture drawing.
5. SacInfoSource: for providing information on events, neighborhoods and more about Sacramento city in California.
6. Living In Africa: for sharing beautiful places and travel information about Africa.
7. Steve Stuff: for sharing valuable experiences of his own life.
8. Fill Your Own Glass: for offering motivation and encouragement through her writing.
9. Snapshots of Life: for sharing travel experiences around Kolkata and other cities in India.
10. Anytime Gup-Shups: for providing a place for discussion on any random topics.
11. The Golden Future Blog: for sharing the knowledge and experience for the benefit of all.
Here goes my questions to the nominees:
- What was the thought behind the name of your blog?
- Who has influenced your life the most?
- What is that one quality that makes you different from other bloggers?
- What’s your favorite time of the day?
- Why should people visit your blog?
- What bad habits do you want to ditch?
- Which is the first thing you look for as soon as you log in to your blog?
- Do you listen to music when you post?
- What do you prefer? A loner, lost in your own dream world or a popular bee surrounded with fans.
- Which photo from your childhood makes you laugh (or cringe) above all others? Describe it.
- What prompted you to become a blogger?
Enjoy the Journey and Happy Blogging Everyone!